NLS Environmental Policy
NLS believes that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
We are committed to working with our stakeholders to achieve the following objectives:
- Meet and where possible exceed all environmental legislation and regulations relevant to our organisation and its activities.
- Increase cost-effectiveness by reducing our consumption of energy and raw materials, with particular regard to the long-term sustainability of consumable items.
- Reduce waste and pollution both locally and in the wider environment.
- Set targets for measurable annual improvements.
To achieve these objectives, we have set in place specific strategies and processes. The following highlights some of the key issues considered in our operations.
We minimise the energy impact of travel: –
- We encourage our workforce to travel to work by public transport and where possible, by walking;
- We encourage the use of video conferencing and audio call technology to reduce travel for business meetings.
We conserve energy wherever possible: –
- Auto-screen save (on monitors) after five minutes;
- All non-critical equipment is switched off when not needed;
- Low-energy electrical equipment is preferred for purchase.
Our commitment to energy conservation has expanded. We are involved in reforestation projects to offset some of the carbon accumulated in our day-to-day business activities. Please review our CSR Policy for further details.
Waste minimisation and recycling
We reduce, re-use and recycle waste: –
- We operate a near paperless office, with cloud-based software and tablets replacing the need for printing;
- Recycle paper wherever possible;
- When printing is required, automatic double side printing to all network printers;
- Return toner cartridges to suppliers for re-use;
- Re-use printed paper for internal work whenever possible;
- Re-cycle old computers where possible;
- We have eliminated paper and plastic cups in the office.
- Ensure our employees know and understand this policy;
- Constantly seek to improve our environmental performance as an integral part of our strategy and operations;
- Conduct management reviews of the content and implementation of this policy with the objective of achieving best practice at all times.
t. +852 3703 3680 f. +852 3909 2797
Unit 2302. New World Tower One. 18 Queen’s Road Central. Hong Kong